If you’re like most people, budgeting your monthly expenses is a must, particularly in today’s unprecedented times of a global pandemic. If you reside in a deregulated area of Texas, enrolling in prepaid electricity is an easy way to put yourself in the driver’s seat when it comes to controlling your utility costs.
If you’re a resident of a deregulated area in Texas, that means you have the choice to shop around for a power provider, instead of being forced to use the services of only one power company.
Read on for some helpful hints to guide you through the process of how to choose a prepaid electricity supplier that is right for you.
- Payment Options—One of the first things to consider when you’re searching for a Texas prepaid electricity provider are payment options. Consider what payment option will work best for you. Do you prefer prepaid or postpaid electricity plans? Prepaid electricity refers to the ability to pay for your power usage before you use it—giving you control over how much you use and owe. Postpaid plans are the most traditional method of billing for utilities. A postpaid plan means you pay for your power usage after you’ve used it. Postpaid plans offer little to no wiggle room when it comes to any disputes you may have about the amount you owe.
- Customer Service—Excellent, clear communication is key to providing exceptional customer service. At Prepaid Lights, we have a skilled, professional team ready to assist you with any questions, concerns, or account-related needs you may have.
- Account Access—Do you prefer to access/monitor your account solely from your phone or another mobile device? Or do you prefer making changes or payments over the phone? Whatever your preference may be, make sure that the Texas prepaid electricity provider you choose offers an option that is right for you. Prepaid Lights, the No. 1 provider in Texas, allows customers to sign up online or by phone, and you can make changes to your account or monitor usage from the comfort of your computer or phone as well.
- Credit Requirements—Is your credit score not quite where you would like it to be? With Prepaid Lights, that is not a problem! We can get you signed up and have your power on in no time, all without the hassle of a credit check. We understand that no matter what shape your finances may be in at the moment, you still need and deserve to get connected ASAP with a reliable power plan.
- ID or SSN Enrollment Requirements—No ID or SSN to sign up? No worries! Prepaid Lights has plans that don’t require one of these forms of identification to enroll in a prepaid power plan. Some providers do require this information, however, so be sure to check and see exactly what ID requirements a company needs before attempting to sign up.
- Smart Meter Availability—If you choose to take control of your utility costs by enrolling in a prepaid electricity plan, check and see which companies offer the use of a Smart Meter. A Smart Meter is an electronic device that records your power usage in real-time, allowing you to track your utility consumption habits in real-time. This gives you the ability to cut down on your electrical usage when you need to in order to stay on track and within your budget.
- Hefty Deposits—A number of utility providers make you pay a deposit in order to activate your power plan. If this is something you wish to avoid, consider Prepaid Lights—where we have no deposit plans available!
Are you ready to get signed up with an affordable, reliable prepaid power plan?
Let Prepaid Lights turn your power on today! Call or visit https://prepaidlights.net/ to get started.