Electricity is a driving force of modern society and access to it has advanced technology, medicine, and exploration in space. Without a doubt, electricity has changed the way that people work and live. Therefore, having access to ithas become as important as getting clean water. Unfortunately, access to electricity is also becoming more expensive.
In a regulated area, electricity is distributed by a single provider to itssubscribers. If you live or work in that specific area, you have to purchase your electricity from that provider regardless of the cost. This situation has allowed many electric companies to continually increase the feesfortheir service. Many of these companies also impose fees on customers forstorm damage repairs, even though these repairs should be coveredbythe customers’service fees.
However, more and more areas are changing the laws about electricity providers. Deregulating the industry is allowing more companies to come in and offer electric services and making the industry more competitive. If you live in a deregulated area, there are five very good reasons that you should consider switching your electricity provider to a prepaid plan.
1. Electricity Plans Are Cost Effective. Most electric companies have variable rates for their cost perkilowatt. During high peak times, the cost per kilowatt can increase. These variations are the reason that, during the hottest times in summer or coldest times in winter, your electric bill skyrockets. In contrast, aprepaid plan allows you to pay a flat rate for your kilowatts regardless of the time of year you use them.
2. You Can Purchase Electricity without aCredit Check or Deposit. When you are preparing to useyour electricity, the power provider is not at risk. They work as a light company with no deposit requirement, noSocial Security numbers account, and nocredit check. By prepaying, you do not have to worry about past credit mistakes or other financial problems you may have encountered. Simply prepay for your service for the month and then useyour electricity.
3. Automatic Notifications If Your Balance Is Low. Your prepaid electricity plan will notify you when your balance is getting low so that there is never a disruption in your electricity service. You can easilymanage your account using our app. Your account is directly connected to your smart meter, so you will always haveup-to-date data onenergy usage and remaining balance.
4. Different Plans for Different Needs. Everybody has different electricity needs and works on different pay schedules. That is why there are several different prepaid electricity plans that you can select from to meet your needs. These plans have been designed to make your electricity payments easy and affordable.
5. No Worries about Storm Damage. If there is any problem with your electricity due to a storm, such as lines going down, the electric company that owns these lines will make the necessary repairs. You will never be asked to pay for damages, pay extra fees for ongoing repairs, or pay any fees forthe electric company’supgrades to itssystems. The only thing that you will ever have to worry about is your monthly prepayment for your services.
Consider this: A simple savings of just $0.02 per kilowatt hour can save you hundreds of dollars per year on your electricity costs. If you live in an area that has deregulated electricity services, it is always in your best interest to shop around for the best price for your service. Getting the best price for your electricity does make a difference in your monthly costs each month.
In this note, we have mentionedfive very important reasons that should make you consider switching to a prepaid electricity plan. If you live in an area where electricity is not regulated, you could save a lot of money each month on your electric bill.
Disclaimer: © September 2019 PayGO Distributors, LLC. This is an advertisement for prepaid electric service from PayGO Distributors, LLC., an independent energy sales organization. Energy services are provided by Young Energy, LLC DBA Payless Power REP#10110. There is a minimum required payment to establish a connection. Call 844-55-PAYGO for more information on minimum required payments and balances. Utility fees may also apply and may increase the total amount that you pay. You can obtain important standardized information that will allow you to compare this product with other offers at www.paylesspower.com. Offer subject to termination or change without notice. Se habla Español.
* Rates quoted are at 2,000 kWh per the Electricity Facts Label for Oncor. Please check EFL for your effective rate.
** Order must be placed online before 4pm CST. Meter must not be subject to a switch hold.